“Quoizel crafts an impressive range of lighting styles,” says interior designer Summer Loftin. The stylista, who owns the gallery Summer Loftin Antiques, has a mastery of multiple historical styles. Here are Loftin’s Top 5 picks from Quoizel and her thoughts on each:
1. French Quarter Collection. Growing up only an hour from the historic French Quarter of New Orleans, I have always had an appreciation for scrolling iron work. The French Quarter Extra Large Hanging Lantern works so well with notably intricate facades characteristic of French architecture.
2. Bradbury Pendant. With Summer here and everyone flocking to the nearest beach, I am charmed by the casual sophistication of the Bradbury fixture. It is a contemporary form, but the seagrass gives warmth and would delight any porch or breakfast area.
3. Veranda Semi Flush Mount. With many of my young clients moving into Craftsman Style bungalows, I frequently recommend the stained glass pieces at Quoizel. The selection of Art Nouveau semi-flush mounts is amazing and are very affordable for first-time home buyers. The earth tones of this model create a pleasing palette from which to draw inspiration for the space.
4. Carleton wall lantern. Georgian Colonial architecture has always been my favorite style and these homes would not be complete without a lantern hanging to the right of the front door. Quoizel’s Carleton lantern with its historical design, copper details, and beveled glass make it the perfect choice for a timeless, inviting entryway.
5. Jolene pendant. The charm and simple elegance of the Jolene crystal chandelier make it a great selection for romantic powder rooms.
About the designer: Summer Loftin earned a BA in Art History from the University of Mississippi, and studied appraising at the University of Georgia.
At the age of 23, Summer began traveling to Europe to procure antiques. An interior designer, Summer is the proprietor of Summer Loftin Antiques on Miami Circle in Atlanta and has been published in Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles magazine. Loftin can also be seen on 1st Dibs.